Plans for concluding the summer with your family in Madrid
The arrival of autumn is close, and although we do not want to say goodbye to good weather and to the beach, this is an ideal moment for a trip to the capital without the heat of previous months. In this article we offer you some plans for you to say goodbye to the summer with your family in Madrid.
– Visiting the theme park.- It is located in the area of Batán de la Casa de Campo, and it is the ideal plan for families, as it features all type of attractions for all tastes, with quiet areas and some more exciting ones, with water attractions, vegetation and an area for children.
– A day in the Warner Park.- Now that temperatures have fallen, it is a good moment to spend a day in this recognised theme park of Madrid. It is located in San Martín de la Vega, approximately 20 km south from Madrid. There you will find five different theme areas inspired by different films produced by the Warner Brothers.
– Discovering the stars in the Planetarium.- A visit to Madrid’s Planetarium is a fabulous way to show children the world of astronomy, as well as to spend an entertaining day with your family. It is located in Tierno Galván Park, at 600 metres high, so it is a fabulous place for contemplating the views of the capital.
– Becoming a member of the Micropolix community.- It is a kind of tiny city where children act like some members of the community, like the baker or the policemen. Children enjoy the activities and parents enjoy contemplating them. It is located in San Sebastián de los Reyes, 15 km away from the capital.
– Contemplating Madrid from the cable car.- This is one of the must activities in Madrid. The trip starts in Pintor Rosales promenade and finishes in the Casa de Campo. From the cable car you will go over places like the Oeste Park, the Principe Pio station, the San Antonio de la Florida hermitage… An ideal experience for children.
– Puppet Tiritilandia Festival.- It is celebrated until the 31st of August in the Permanent Puppet Theatre of the Retiro Park and it hosts some of the best local, national and international companies. In September, the activities continue every weekend at 18.30 pm.
If you have the opportunity to visit the capital we recommend you stay in any of the Petit Palace Hotels in Madrid to enjoy a family stay. Their central locations will allow you to visit the best tourist attractions of the city, like the San Miguel Market.