The beach is one of the places children enjoy the most. There they can make sand castles, make holes, have a bath or roll around the sand… they love it! Besides, it is a good opportunity for parents to enjoy the open air with their family, although not all beaches are suitable for children.
In this article we offer you a selection of the best beaches in Barcelona for children. Most of them have services, attractions for children and features which make them comfortable for bathing, like swallow waters with quiet swell and fine sand.
– Sant Simó beach.- We start the route around Barcelona’s coast in this beach on the region of the Maresme, on the north of Barcelona capital. It is located on the north of Mataró, between Sant Simó river and the municipality of Andreu de Llavaneres. This beach is divided into two areas, one of family atmosphere close to Mataro and a further nudist area. In the family area you will find all type of services, like parking, showers and fountains for feet, deck chair rental, beach bars, a yacht club and a children’s area which will make the delicacies of kids.
– La Murtra beach.- Towards the south, in the region of Baix Llobregat, we find La Murtra beach, in the municipality of Viladecans. It is a long beach with a lot of space for children to have fun. It also features basic services like showers and a playground area.
– Sant Sebastià beach.- Following the route towards the south you will find this beautiful and pleasant beach belonging to the municipality of Sitges, in the region of Garraf. It is a 200-metre family beach with fabulous views to Sitges’s old town. It also has the basic services necessary for a comfortable day with children.
– Casetas del Garraf beach.-Also in the region of Garraf we find this idyllic beach located in the urban centre of Garraf, in the municipality of Sitges. This beach of fine sand and pebbles has swallow waters and lots of services, such as showers, toilettes, lifeguards, deck chairs and sun umbrellas rental, beach carts, restaurants… On the sand you will find the small huts fishermen used to keep their tools and boats and after which the beach is named.
– Ribes Roges beach.- Without leaving the region of Garraf you will find Vilanova i la Gertru beach. It is a urban beach of fine sand with all type of services.
If you want to enjoy the beaches of Barcelona with children we recommend you stay in one of the hotels of Petit Palace in Barcelona. From the hotels Petit Palace has in the centre of Barcelona you can visit the main tourist attractions in the city, like Las Ramblas.