Seeing a musical is a magic experience. People reluctant to see these plays become a fan when they give them an opportunity. The music, the dancers, the choreography, the lights and a wide range of elements create a unique atmosphere in the theatre that moves the spectators.
Travelling to Madrid is a fabulous occasion for you to see some of the many musicals on stage in the capital. The best musicals on stage in the Spanish theatres celebrate the premier in Madrid, and that is why many people travel to the city with the only aim of seeing some of them.
In this article we offer you a list with the five most important musicals on stage in Madrid at the moment. Which one do you prefer?
- El Rey León.- This musical has a long history, as it was released almost 17 years ago. During this time it has been played in many countries around the world and it has won 70 awards, among which we find 6 Tonys. El Rey León is only played currently in the Lope de Vega Theatre, located in the central Gran Vía. More than a million people have already enjoyed in Spain this great show whose scenography will not leave anyone indifferent.
- Hoy no me puedo levantar.- It has been the most successful show in the history of Spain so far. It is played in the emblematic Arteria Colliseum Theatre on Gran Via. The songs of Mecano, a lead pop band of the 80s, are the main narrative thread of a story of a group of friends who move to Madrid searching for success.
- Marta tiene un marcapasos.- This musical is based on Hombre G’s songs. It tells the story of Marta, an adolescent who leaves Atapulco to travel to Madrid to find his father, whom she has not seen since she was a child. But this trip offers her many other experiences, such as love, which she cannot confront because she has a pacemaker and she cannot bear intense emotions. The show is played in Compac on Gran Via.
- The Hole 2, la fiesta continua.- After the success of the first part of The Hole, this musical seems promising. It is played in La Latina Theatre, located in Cebada square, in La Latina neighbourhood. A love triangle, music, cocktails, laughs and much more are the ingredients of this musical in which fun is guaranteed.
- La gran aventura de Pinocho.- The story of this children’s character arrives at theatres as a musical. The play recovers the story of Pinocho, a wooden marionette who comes to life and becomes a human child. It is represented in Circo Price Theatre in Madrid, in ronda de Atocha. It is set in the world of circus, in which acrobats, jugglers and dancers offer a fabulous show.